11/07/2007

Yeeeeeeeeeeeee....Haaaaaa!!!!!!

Friday, October 19, I thought I had a long weekend off but that fantasy came to a screeching halt when the powers that be called around 2 PM with news from Arlington, TX. At first my plans were to be there for Monday morning but the second call from the mother ship had me driving 250 miles back home to re-pack for Texas. Still miffed that I had missed my grandson's birthday party and would be missing my son-in-law's birthday get together Sunday, I went early to vote Saturday and boarded the plane for DFW.

Reluctantly, I worked Saturday but got in touch with my cousins and aunt up in Denton and arranged a meeting at the Texas State Fair in Dallas. "Meet us under Big Tex", cousin Ken said. "Bringing Aunt Leror"? I asked. "Yep, she'll be with us", he replied.

It was just nice connecting with family that I had not had a chance seeing for a
couple of years. We all cruised the butterfly gardens, home exhibits, car shows and of course the food court before we split up. Giving Ken, Nancy and Aunt Leror all a big hug we parted ways and I made my way back to the hotel.



(click pictures for larger view)

No comments: